As much as I don’t wish to spew doom, mark my words – after a disaster, times can quickly modification, and the sooner we will adapt, the better our probabilities at survival will be. One of the primary things we must always do following a disaster, assuming the danger has passed and everyone is safe, is to start to visualize how everyday items may be used as tools for off-grid living. An simple credit card or a busted mobile phone will go an extended approach in surviving an emergency. We can simply find items around our home to promote our security and prosperity.
- Gravity fed water filter – Water is essential to survival and your first priority once all hell breaks loose. When you drink dirty water, it can cause severe diseases, even death. If you haven’t invested in a water filtration system, then you would like to find out a way to purify water for consumption. Here are directions for the most basic kind of water filtration system. It’s very easy to create, it’s an primary school project!
- Rope – Rope or paracord can serve multiple functions in off grid living.
- Busted motors – Essentially any motor with a copper wire can be converted into an energy producer. You’ll simply convert your washer into windmill to create power. This can be a vital talent to own for surviving a long term emergency.
- Stationary bikes – Did you ever suppose that stationary bikes might help to promote your self sustainability? Attaching your wheat grinder to your stationary bike by a pulley can assist you put the peddle to the metal and grind grains a lot of efficiently.
- Passive solar heater – We tend to think about solar heating as an expensive possibility, but with a couple of 2×4’s and a stash of soda cans you’ll be able to produce a passive solar heater. This might be a life saving item if you discover yourself living in a grid down environment in a very cold climate.
- Cellular phones – As mentioned previously, cell phones have several uses during a survival scenario. If your phone remains intact, you’ll be able to transfer survival programs, some are even at no cost, to find out and follow in your free time. However, if your phone is busted during a disaster there are core components which will be utilised towards your survival. Some of these elements are the speaker, LCD screen, metal divider, wire, circuit board and battery.
- Biomass briquettes – Your trash may save your life. Biomass briquettes are a green fuel supply and are comprised of compressed organic compounds like corn husks, coconut shells, grass clippings, dried leaves, saw dust, cardboard or paper. Biomass fuel sources are similar to that of common fuel sources and may be inside or in outside settings.