Self defense for ladies is more sophisticated than self defense for men. Due to our tiny stature and relative lack of strength to most men, we are more vulnerable to attack and a lot of likely to be injured or killed in an altercation.
It’s scary, however it’s a fact of life. But just because you’re a lady doesn’t mean you have to be a victim. You fully can and should defend yourself from any potential attackers. The tips below will tell you how.
To prevent an attack:
- Be aware of your surroundings. Keep your eyes off your phone while you’re walking, and don’t walk or jog with earphones in. This will make you an easy target. Predators know when you aren’t paying attention.
- Maintain a distance of 3-5 feet from anyone you’re speaking to.
- Don’t let a alien into your home or vehicle. Talk through a cracked door or window and be prepared to shut and lock them out quickly when necessary.
Self defense moves if you’re attacked:
- Eye gouging with open or extended fingers
- Chin jab followed by elbow strike to the chest
- Open-handed throat strike
- Biting, especially hands or arms
- Kicking as much as possible
- Head butt if grabbed from behind
These are just some of the ways ladies can defend yourself. Of course, learning a self-defence or getting your CCL is also a good strategy. You should also consider investing in a small and discrete self defense tool that can be carried anywhere legally.