Doomsday can be caused by so many factors that it’s almost impossible to consider all scenarios. When in need of a survival vehicle, the things you need to think about, depend a lot on the area you live in, the season, the number of individuals you’re planning to take with you and whether or not you have an easy survival bag or a whole gear to take with you.
Vehicle manufacturers thought about this issue as well and they’ve built survival cars meant for bug out situations. They aren’t all running on gas and they are multi-purpose as well. Even so, the average person might not have access to such vehicles in time. That’s why it’s necessary to know what you need and get it as fast as possible.
EMP-resistance factors to consider
Survival vehicles aren’t simple to choose. Here are some factors that you should think about in case you’re planning to resist a possible disastrous situation: kind of gas, fuel capacity, cargo or towing capability, off-road capability, ways of maintenance and repairs, easy to find parts, less controllable by a computer, blend in capability, materials and ways to improve it.
Although there are survival cars ready for you to buy, you should first know what to seem for in such car. The following guidelines will offer you a better idea of what could work in an EMP situation, but they don’t guarantee you a 100 percent rate of success.
- Type of gas. In case you can’t afford otherwise you cannot trust vehicles powered by different sources, then you should know which type of has is more reliable. Diesel is your best option because it doesn’t expire as quickly as gasoline and it can be obtained from crops that you can grow by yourself. It goes without saying that nobody is going to produce gas anymore, so you have to be prepared with as much as you’ll carry. A vehicle powered by fossil fuels won’t be usable forever, but it’s a good option to run away with.
- Fuel capacity. Survival cars ought to have a larger fuel capacity than the typical car and you should add tanks to it filled with diesel. The possibility of stopping for diesel or maybe running into a functional gas station is low. These tanks should be virtually indestructible or else you might get away, but don’t get far.
- Cargo capability. When you wish to save your family, along with your pets, you’ll stumble upon the space problem. They’ll all have stuff they want to carry with them and most of them won’t be survival items. So, consider attaching a trailer, a roof rack or swing outs in order to optimize space. You won’t have enough time to think this through when you’ll need to bug out, so it’s best to consider it now. When you travel solo things are much easier.
- Type of tires. Regardless of the kind of catastrophe you’re facing, you can’t rely on the roads anymore. This means that you’ll want huge tires, capable of carrying you off road, in less peachy conditions. A 4-wheel drive is your best option, to which you must add all terrain tires and spares. As extra caution means, you’ll carry towing rope and other types of towing tools that might come in hand.
- Repairs and maintenance. A simply built engine that’s not controlled by a computer is exactly what you’re looking for. Such mechanism will easily be fixed if you also carry an instructions manual with you and some basic tools. Electronic waves might interfere with each device from Earth’s surface, so they must be excluded from your survival set up.
- Your alternative in survival vehicle will definitely be good, but things break, so what you need is a common vehicle that can be easily fixed. If you have enough cash to purchase any of the modern, post-apocalyptic vehicles out there, then you won’t have to worry about fixing it. However, if you don’t, then you’ll stack up or rely on the commonality of your automobile. Your alternative should at least get you to the place where you’ll take a customized vehicle that was made for survival.
- Not electronic. As previously mentioned, you should avoid certain parts, such as the powertrain control module, the anti-lock braking system, the fuel injection that’s electronically controlled, as well as the electronic ignition, the negative battery terminal that’s typically grounded to the frame of the car and pretty much anything that controls critical systems with computers.
- Blend in. The reality is that you never know what situation you will face. It could be just environmental or it can be about surviving among others who aren’t interested in helping each other, however taking stuff from each other. Therefore, a vehicle that can simply mix in is ideal. You know how they say, better safe than sorry!
- Insulating materials. For you and your loved ones to be safe inside the vehicle, you have to make sure the materials aren’t conductive and if they’re, to insulate them. Opt for plexiglas or plastic or any material that you know of with insulating properties. Nobody knows the type of disaster that will bring doomsday, so no one can be 100 percent protected anywhere.
- Everything mechanic. The ignition of your vehicle, as well as the fuel injection, the carburetor and the water pumps should be mechanical. This can be because you’ll really repair them by yourself and you don’t need anything electronic to do thus. However, this features might not all apply to the same car. It’s just a point to think about.
- Comfort points. Considering that your doomsday vehicle are going to be like your second home, you have to make it comfortable. Sleeping in this automobile could be a real choice, so make sure it’s big enough for all the members of the post-apocalyptic ride.
Self-sufficient survival sources
Preppers around the world put together a list of survival cars that may come in hand just in case doomsday arrives. Some of them are very futuristic and they use alternative energy sources, whereas others are based on easy mechanisms. They’re small or equipped for an entire family to live within them, however all of them have certain disadvantages, such as low speed in case of the Sherp, a Russian truck.
The biggest disadvantage of most cars usable after the apocalypse is their price. Unless you find them after the world as we know it ends and you merely take it, it’s highly unlikely for you to afford such ride.
Stella is both a car and a generator for a home or for various devices that consume electricity. This prototype was developed by researchers from the Eindhoven University, together with the NXP Company. 100 percent Dutch invention, Stella is able to produce twice the electricity it consumes.
A single charge allows this vehicle to travel 435 miles on the highway, but its utility may be exploited to the maximum in alternative cases too. This strange car will accommodate up to four passengers. Its outdoor ceiling is completely covered with photovoltaic panels, which function with the help of the sun.
Dodge RAM hybrid
Dodge’s engineers invented and produced this vehicle for the local governments. They did so between 2010 and 2011. The United States Department of Energy awarded them with a check of nearly 97.5 million dollars for their plan. Although it’s only a dream for standard people, this car is amazing as a result of it’s the power to regenerate energy when the driver uses the break. It runs on diesel, used vegetable oil or kerosene. It’s also an energy supply that works like a generator and it will be used in post-apocalyptic situations because of that.
Subaru Impreza is praised and advertised as a good anti-hurricane vehicle. It’s suited for off-road and it’s roomy enough to accommodate some folks and luggage. In addition, it’s a race car, so it can offer the kind of speed that you need to run away from a hurricane.
Fast cars are good in case of ambushes, but they’re not powerful enough to resist a possible impact. It may be a bug out car in case of hurricanes, however it’s not a good solution on long term.
A pickup automobile, Toyota Hilux claims to be indestructible. If you think of an apocalyptic scenario where trees or parts of buildings might fall on your automobile, then you should see yourself riding this beauty! This car isn’t cheap, but it’s much more approachable than different ones meant for the same functions.
A reliable option, it offers you and your loved ones enough space to carry provides and gear too. It’s not a perfect selection, but it may be customized and improved in order to be fitted in multiple situations.
Land Rover Defender
Another wonderful off-road vehicle, this one will even get you through water. It’s not an underwater car, however it’s tough enough to go through a not so deep river. Suited for rough roads, it doesn’t provide as much shelter as other vehicles. This can be why it’s hard to find an all-inclusive survival car; it’d not be equipped for all types of emergencies.
Also called the ultimate off-roader, Land Rover Defender won’t let you down if you use it in a correct environment.
Sherp could be a vehicle made by Russians that looks a little like a tank. Immune to a nuclear apocalypse, Sherp could be a sturdy car. You’ll drive it on ice, over trees and through water. Sherp may be a truly all-terrain automobile with huge tires and a complete weight of 2600 pounds. It only generates forty four horsepower and it reaches a maximum speed of twenty seven mph on ground and 3.7 mph in water.
In comes with an incorporated fifteen gallons gasoline tank that’s spacious enough to supply for an entire day. in addition, it’s accompanied by extra gasoline tanks that may be previously filled for emergencies.
Sport smobile 4WD Vehicle
According to expert opinions, this vehicle is ideal in case the world ends because of zombies. You’ll make this van your house, especially if you live next to the desert. The kind of rugged terrain you can cross with this vehicle will be used in your favor because zombies will trip and fail to catch you.
It puts plenty of space at your disposal and you can climb on top of it to look for zombies, just like people used to do in the well-know the Walking Dead series. Not one of the fastest cars, this van is fast enough to get you from zombies to no zombies.
Earth Roamer XV-LT
Speaking of vehicles that you can live in, the earth Roamer XV-LT could be a better option. It comes with superb options, like a twin turbo diesel engine, 10,000 pound towing capacity and it’s ready to use the power of the sun to provide energy. In addition, you can fill it with eighty five gallons of water and use its filtration system as well. To make things even more awesome, it’s an extra gas tank that can hold ninety gallons of diesel. On the con side, this is a family vehicle that will slow down an independent person. You higher start saving 225k for this beauty!
Oshkosh Tactical Protector Vehicle
The end of the world as we know it or TEOTWAWKI won’t be void of folks. It could be filled with survivors who can want war. If so, you’ll need to get your hands on the Oshkosh Tactical Protector Vehicle because it offers you nuclear, chemical and biological protection.
It might not be rich in sustainability options, however at least it’s side gun ports and a top gun turret for the machine gun that you’ll need as well. With an ability to prevent up to 14.5 mm Armor Piercing Rounds, this vehicle is ideal in dangerous situations.
Buffalo has been used since 2003. It’s a vehicle sent in Afghanistan that’s bullet proof and bomb proof. It comes with six large wheels and a thirty foot robotic arm equipped with an iron claw. Its arm is good for clearing the route whether there are different cars, tress or perhaps zombies. However, owning such vehicle is kind of Utopic, thus might want to build a similar arm to your own survival car.
If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s able to find all types of dangers and you can also drive it through water, then you found it! Rheinmetall Fuchs is a German vehicle that besides being fully amphibious, it’s also equipped with two propellers. This means it can reach about six miles per hour underwater.
Furthermore, it comes with lots of weapons that may be controlled with the help of a remote. Again, you’ll have to rob a bank to get this one!
Armored Audi A8
Things may not be devastating, but you might have to bug out anyway. So, the armored Audi A8 version should be among your prime choices. It’s extremely comfortable, it can offer you the thrill of speed and it’s rare enough to make everything more challenging. It’s said there are only twenty-two pieces in the whole world, so you may want to hurry up with your investments! The Spanish government is the one that ordered this customized kind of Audi. It’s time to infiltrate!.
Prepared to bug out
Now that you understand the basics, you should begin preparing to bug out anytime. Try to take as many factors as you’ll into thought.
Although you’ll find automobiles based on electric impulses in the list above, keep in mind that they’re sensitive to EMP events, so try to avoid them as much as possible. If you can, prepare more than one survival car for yourself and your loved ones. Money could be a problem, so adapting pricey options to your vehicle could be tricky, however it’s definitely not impossible!
In case of TEOTWAWKI, you’ll escape in an automobile equipped by you and look for one of the expensive models that you couldn’t afford till then. Merely taking such cars won’t count as stealing anymore!