Many survival blogs and products are focused on men but don’t get us wrong — there is some great stuff for women out there! As a result, women’s needs are often overlooked on lists of items to be included in your bug out bag.
So we’ve decided to put together a list of essential bug out bag items and considerations for women. Check out our list below, and be sure to let us know in the comments if we forgot anything!
Why pack a bug out bag?
A bug out pack is a standout amongst the most key supplies for any survivalist. Truth be told, numerous preppers have a few bug out pack – one for the home, the auto, the workplace, and so forth. The more you get ready and accumulate supplies early, the less demanding a period you’ll have when SHT.
When packing your bag, there are several things to consider. Such as:
- Health and Fitness. It’s a basic reality that the normal lady can’t convey as much weight as the normal man, regardless of the possibility that she is fit as a fiddle. So when pressing your bug out pack, verify it’s not over your greatest weight limit (most specialists recommend ¼ your body weight for ladies and 1/3 your body weight for men.) Remember this weight limit when pressing your bug out pack. A very much supplied bug out pack won’t provide you any benefit in the event that you can’t convey it.
- Skills and Experience. Remember your own aptitudes and constraints when pressing your bug out bag. Clearly, it will be useless to pack any gear you’re not well sufficiently known with to use immediately if necessary. You additionally need to consider that you could end up without your bug out pack – perhaps you needed to leave so hurriedly you neglected to snatch it, possibly it got lost or stolen or abandoned. Whatever the case, you must plan by adding to your aptitudes to the point where you could survive even without your bug out pack.
- Your clothing should be suited for your particular climate, terrain and season. That said, there are certain types of clothing that can work well in most settings.
- Shell clothing is breathable and protects against rain, wind and snow. (Since it lacks insulation, you will need to wear base and mid layers underneath.)
- Rain clothing such as ponchos and rain trousers are also a must. If you are bugging out in wintertime, a heavy jacket and gloves are essential. Your best bet is to wear layers that can be added or removed depending on climate, terrain and temperature.
- For survival, there’s nothing more essential than footwear. This is a territory where you would prefer not to ration. Put resources into the best trekking boots you can bear, and a decent match of fleece socks to run with them. Likewise recollect to break in your boots at the earliest opportunity. You would prefer not to bug out with a couple of boots that have just been worn a couple times; this can prompt rankles, foot and back agony and a wide range of different issues.
Here are the essentials for bug out bags for women.
1. A backpack.
2. Waterproof bag to keep clothes and other belongings dry.
3. Buff Slim Fit.
4. Pullover jacket.
5. Warm pants.
6. Wool socks.
7. A downmat.
8. A sleeping bag.
8. A flashlight.
9. Extra batteries.
11. Fire steel.
12. A lighter.
13. Wetfire tinder.
14. At least one good survival knife.
15. A pocket survival kit.
16. A Camelbak reservoir.
17. A Swiss Army knife.
18. Water purification filter and tablets.
19. Freeze dried rations.
20. Protein bars.
21. Energy chews.
22. A utensil set.
23. Oral care kit.
24. Toiletry bag (we like the Sea to Summit light bag.)
25. Body wash.
26. Packtowl Personal.
27. GoGirl feminine urination device.
28. Menstrual cup.
29. A compass.
30. Topographical map.
31. Fisher Space Bullet Space Pen.
32. Rainproof notebook.
33. Passport and immunization records
Packing your bug out bag is the first step toward preparedness.
A very much loaded bug out pack gives significant serenity. It tells you that regardless of what happens, you’re prepared to go immediately and will have all that you have to get by for a few days, even without conventional wellsprings of food, water and safe house.
Keep in mind that it’s essential not to over-stuff your bug out pack. Verify that it’s not very substantial for you to convey for miles on the off chance that you ought to need to. A decent general guideline is your bug out pack ought to weigh around 1/4 you could call your own body weight.
So be shrewd — stock your bug out pack now and be arranged for whatever lies ahead!